Trade show shipping can be a daunting task, that’s why we are here to help you every step of the way.
Here are some tips to make it easier:
Packaging with care:
- Make sure you don’t ship smaller items that can be taken with you, prioritize shipping your heavy package, but beware because the heavier the package, the more it will cost.
- Make sure that all the materials are tightly secured, with as few boxes or crates as possible.
- Don’t forget to secure & protect your material by adding bubble wrap or foam padding.
- For fastest results, secure your packages with a pallet.
- Be smart and stack the heavy packages at the bottom, when you put them on a pallet.
- Be sure to separate electronics, specialty equipment, fragile items, display items, and backdrops onto a different pallet marked fragile.
Reading your exhibitor manual is crucial:
- Make sure to check your trade show and convention shipment rules! It is crucial that you ship your package to the right location (every trade show and convention is different).
- Ship your package as soon as possible, to give your package plenty of time to arrive.
- Always use expedited or guaranteed shipping services when shipping trade show materials.
Pay attention to labels:
- Be sure to follow your trade show or convention labeling requirements.
- Make sure to include the pickup & drop off location address, exhibitor’s name, booth number, show name, contractor name, street address, estimated time, and date of arrival on all shipment labels.